Celebrity Wine Festival – Osoyoos June 2010
The Osoyoos Celebrity Wine Festival (OCWF) is presented by Destination Osoyoos, in tandem with presenting sponsor Black Hills Estate Winery, Hotel Sponsors Walnut Beach Resort, Spirit Ridge Resort, Watermark Beach Resort and the business community of Osoyoos.
The Osoyoos Celebrity Wine Festival takes place from June 10 to 13, 2010. It’s a great weekend of food and wine pairing events from regional chefs and winemakers, and lets participants rub shoulders with film and television A-listers while enjoying the region’s best cuisine and wine. So far, the following celebrities have confirmed their attendance: Jason Priestley (Beverley Hills 9020, Hollywood & Vines1), Bruce Greenwood (Star Trek, National Treasure), Ned Bell (Food Network), and Chad Oakes (Emmy award-winning producer). Other celebrity actors, chefs and winemakers are being invited.
- Thursday, June 10, 8:00 pm at the Watermark Resort: The Vinos – a wine commercial film festival for amateurs. Tickets $29.
- Friday, June 11, 9 am to noon: Ride with a Winemaker. Join local winemakers as they enjoy a bike ride and picnic lunch in the South Okanagan. $70.
- Friday, June 11, 6:00-10:00 pm at Walnut Beach Resort: Osoyoos VIP Reception and Beach Party. $99.
- Saturday, June 12, 12 noon to 3 pm at Black Hills Estate Winery: Nota Bene Release Party. $149
- Saturday, June 12, 7 pm to 11 pm at Spirit Ridge Resort: Celebrity Wine Auction with proceeds benefiting children’s charities. Participants taste an array of South Okanagan wines with appetizers from local restaurants, and can bid on rare wine from great Canadian wineries in silent and live auctions. Last year, $55,000 was raised for the Providence Children’s Centre and Osoyoos Child Care. The evening features a live performance by Steven Page, formerly of the Bare Naked Ladies. $249.