Think You Can Cook? The National Restaurant Association Launches NRA Show Hot Chef Challenge 2010
- National Restaurant Association launches third annual NRA Show Hot Chef Challenge on YouTubeTM.
- Culinary professionals and enthusiasts alike may enter the contest to show off their cooking skills for the opportunity to experience culinary stardom.
- The winner will cook alongside celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson at the 2010 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show’s World Culinary Showcase on May 22. The winner will also receive a stay at the Affinia Hotel Chicago, a special dinner with wine pairings at Chef Samuelsson’s C-House, and the recipe will be featured in American Airlines’ American Way magazine.
- Contestants should submit a video of themselves preparing their favorite recipe using fresh produce before the April 29, 2010, deadline on the NRA Show Hot Chef Challenge 2010 YouTube site.
- Videos should be no longer than two minutes and recipes must include at least one fresh produce item, plus any other ingredients. Competitors should refer to the Association’s What’s Hot in 2010 chef survey for ideas.
- YouTube users will rate each video submission to select the top three, from which one will be chosen as the winner by a panel of food critics, industry professionals and Samuelsson. Viewers may rate the contestants’ videos from one through five stars through April 29, 2010.
- Last year’s NRA Show Hot Chef Challenge winner Kristina Vanni of North Hollywood, Calif., cooked among celebrity chefs at NRA Show 2009. This recognition helped lead her to being crowned the National Pork Board’s “Next Pork Personality” at the Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival in October 2009. She currently serves as a contributor to Better Homes & Gardens’ Web site, BetterRecipes.com.
- No purchase is necessary. Limit one video submission per person. Contest open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, 21 years of age or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. View Official Contest Rules.
- NRA Show 2010 will be held May 22-25 at Chicago’s McCormick Place and is the world’s largest restaurant and foodservice industry event.
“Fresh produce is versatile, healthy and delicious, which makes it perfect as the theme ingredient for our NRA Show Hot Chef Challenge. We are calling all current and future culinary stars to enter the contest to show off innovative dishes with their favorite fruit or vegetable. The lucky winner will not only get to collaborate with Chef Samuelsson, but will do so at the largest restaurant industry event in the world &dmash; NRA Show 2010.”
— Ira Cohn, Convention Chair for NRA Show 2010 and President of ARAMARK Business and Industry Group
- The annual National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show is the largest single gathering of restaurant, foodservice and lodging professionals. NRA Show 2010 will be held May 22-25 at McCormick Place in Chicago. The event attracts tens of thousands of attendees and visitors from all 50 states and 100+ countries, and showcases more products, services, innovative ideas and other growth opportunities than any other industry event. For more information, visit the Show Web site at www.restaurant.org/show.
- Founded in 1919, the National Restaurant Association is the leading business association for the restaurant industry, which comprises 945,000 restaurant and foodservice outlets and a work force of nearly 13 million employees. Together with the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, the Association works to lead America’s restaurant industry into a new era of prosperity, prominence, and participation, enhancing the quality of life for all we serve. For more information, visit our Web site at www.restaurant.org.